A waterjet cutting machine also cuts hard materials, such as metal, stone, glass, or ceramics. For this, the water jet must be mixed with a cutting medium (abrasive) – for example, garnet sand. This procedure uses the abrasive jet as the separating device. The water jet serves to speed up the abrasive particles. Waterjet cutting with abrasive is comparable to microchipping.
Advantages of waterjet cutting
• Efficient production technology as well, and especially with single part manufacturing
• Almost no heat input in the component through the cutting jet
• No structural changes in the material, such as increased hardness and micro fissures
• High machining accuracy and surface quality at the cutting edge
• No pollutants created during the cutting process
2005-2017 © All Rights Reserved.JINAN JUNDA INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOFY CO.,LTD